Notes on the Writing Life: On the way home

Notes on the Writing Life

Notes on the Writing Life

Monday, July 7, 2008

On the way home

.
.
I'm writing this in the San Francisco airport. I'm on the way home. The tour is over; it has been wonderful. The last event in Oakland at A Great Good Place for Books couldn’t have been more heartwarming. My dad was there (and happy to show everyone how funny and grand he looks in my wig); members of Books et Al, a book club that had critiqued Mistress of the Sun in manuscript; a number of family (aunt Dildar, brother Perry and sister-in-law Jenny); friends (Nina, Mary); writer friend Victoria Zackheim (plus her beautiful daughter and two gorgeous grand-daughters!); enthusiastic bookstore clerks; and, always so wonderful to meet: fans. I was smiling from head to toe.

I've notes on my other events, plus pictures and even a video. As soon as I'm back home and settled, I'll post them. Some treasures!

Plane is boarding ... I'm off.

1 comment:

Tess said...

Looking forward to those pics and video :) Glad you had such a great trip. Ever sort out the MacBook?

image