Notes on the Writing Life: Research!

Notes on the Writing Life

Notes on the Writing Life

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Research!

.
.
I'm in book mode. Winter will soon be upon us, and we plan to leave for sunny Mexico in only a few weeks. What research books will I need to take? I'm still somewhat unsure about the subject of The Next Novel. I have been thinking that it will be about La Grande Mademoiselle, but another possibility pounced upon me a week before we left for Europe and has taken root in my thoughts. It would be told against a background of the theatrical life in the 17th century. There is so much to be learned. On a practical level, I will need information, books — and I don't have very much time to order.

More anon!

(I also just posted to my research blog: Baroque Explorations.)

No comments:

image