.
Today's link was "A Woman's Work" — a New York Times interview with Joyce Carol Oates that's well worth reading. [http://tinyurl.com/dcqbvs]
A sample:
Why do you find violence so alluring as a literary subject?Which really makes me suspect that my own work falls somewhere between coiffed horses and tragedy. (See my first Guest Blog on the Blog Tour: "Why I love unhappy endings.")
If you’re going to spend the next year of your life writing, you would probably rather write “Moby Dick” than a little household mystery with cat detectives. I consider tragedy the highest form of art.
Perhaps, to the horses, the tragedy is being coiffed, but frankly, I think they're finding it greatly amusing.
-------------
Link to "Why I love unhappy endings": http://tinyurl.com/ceau43
Link to Blog Tour details: http://tinyurl.com/cbk662
Link to my blog (and website): http://sandragulland.blogspot.com/
Link to my newsletter sign-up: http://sandragulland.com/contacts/index.html
No comments:
Post a Comment