Notes on the Writing Life: MISTRESS: 2nd week on bestseller list at #8

Notes on the Writing Life

Notes on the Writing Life

Saturday, May 9, 2009

MISTRESS: 2nd week on bestseller list at #8

. .
One becomes a numbers junkie, watching the lists. This morning I was pleased to see that Mistress of the Sun was still on the "Globe & Mail" Canadian fiction list, and that it had gone up to #8. I feel like Mine that Bird, coming from behind. I'm hot on the tail of Water for Elephants. Sing ye!

I also know that Mistress would have to rise into the upper altitudes to even make it onto the "all fiction" list — the list of titles that include U.S. favorites such as Stephenie Meyer, Dan Brown and Jody Picoult.

And speaking of Jody Picoult, I read last night in Bookmarks — a magazine I love — what she has done researching her books: lived with an Amish dairy farmer for a week, watched cardiac surgery, went ghost hunting (and found some), sat in a jail. I admire her commitment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

Sandra Gulland. said...

Thank you, Lilian!

image